Sandy Hook’s family has rejected Alex Jones’ offer of settlement

Informed host Alex Jones offered $ 120,000 per plaintiff to settle a lawsuit filed by relatives of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooter who defamed those who claimed he had never committed genocide, according to a court filing Tuesday.

Hartford, Con. – Informed host Alex Jones has offered $ 120,000 per plaintiff to settle a lawsuit filed by relatives of Sandy Hook Elementary School victims who defamed those who said he never committed genocide, according to a court filing Tuesday. The offer was quickly rejected by the family.

A Connecticut judge found Jones liable for damages in November and a trial is scheduled to determine how much to pay his family.

Plaintiffs allege that they received harassment and death threats from Jones ‘followers because of the fraudulent conspiracy that aired on Jones’ show.

The court filing posted online states: “Mr. Jones sincerely apologizes for any inconvenience caused by his comments. “

Last week, Jones denied a court order to appear in a statement near his home in Austin, Texas, to testify before the trial. Jones said he was ill. A hearing is set for Wednesday on Jones’ plea not to cooperate with the plaintiffs.

Family lawyers rejected the offer within hours, saying in a court filing that it was a “transparent and desperate attempt” to save Alex Jones from the public account under oath through his fraudulent, profit-driven campaign against plaintiffs and memory. . “

The 2012 shootings in Newtown, Connecticut, killed 20 first-graders and six teachers. The families of eight of the victims and an FBI agent who responded to the school have sued Jones, Infors and others in Connecticut for conspiracy to commit fraud. Jones has since said he believes the shooting happened.

Jones was also charged with damages in a similar lawsuit filed by relatives of Sandy Hook victims in Texas and is due to face trial later this year.

Leave a Comment